Bible and Saint Video Lists, Movie Lists, and a List of Media Review Websites
Bible and Saint Videos for Children
Catholic / Christian Movie Lists
- Pureflix - Family Friendly and Christian Entertainment, subscription required, but gives you a free trial
- Top 100 Proudly Catholic Movies (Gregorian Institute 2014)
- Top 100 Pro-Catholic Movies (NC Register, 2004)
- 50 Best Catholic Movies of All Time (CatholicCulture.org 1997)
- 10 Best Christian Movies on Netflix right now (Netflix, current)
- Christian Movies Streaming on Netflix (Pintrest)
- Amazon Prime Christian Movies Filtered, should be free with Prime ** Note 1000+ free movies as of 12/2019!
- Top 25 Christian Movies of All Time (Newsmax 2016)
- Family Favorites List from a Plugged-In Movie Reviewer (2012)
- USCCB Top Movies List (1999-2008)
- Steve Ray's Movie List Resource Page (2009)
Media Review WebsitesThese are Christian websites that provide reviews of movies and give specific information about content areas such as language, violence, and sexuality.
- Decent Films /SDG Reviews - A National Catholic Review Movie Critic offers reviews that give a rating for Artistic/Entertainment value, Moral/Spiritual value, Age Appropriateness and a detailed overview of the movie.
- Dove Family Foundation Movie Reviews: The Dove reviews, posted online at www.dove.org, are based on traditional Judeo-Christian values. There is a content chart and descriptions that gauge six criteria: Sexuality, Language, Violence, Drug and alcohol use, Nudity, and Other.
- Focus on the Family Movie Reviews: Besides movie reviews, pluggedin.com also has reviews for TV shows, music, games, and books. It is a Focus on the Family website, if you're familiar with that organization.
- USCCB/CNS Movie Reviews - detailed info requires a subscription
If you can't find the movie you're looking for on any of the above websites, use imbd.com. This is a secular website but there is a section called "Parent's Guide." It can be found under the "Storyline" section. Click on "View Content Advisory." There are ratings and specific comments about areas of concern such as violence, nudity/sexual, and language. The comments in this section are submitted by people who have seen the movie so there's some subjectivity to the comments. This website is helpful for older movies that were made before Dove.org and Pluggedin.com started reviewing movies.